Friday, November 16, 2018

Weeks of November 19-23 & November 26-30

Since this is a short week, we will not start a new story. We will pick up with the new story after Thanksgiving.

School will be closed Wednesday, November 21 - Friday, November 23rd for Thanksgiving break. There will also be no 21st Century on Monday and Tuesday. Classes will resume Monday, November 26th at 7:30am. Please be safe and enjoy this time with family and friends.

Literacy Night is scheduled for Thursday, November 29th. You will receive more information after Thanksgiving regarding the details.

A few students have indicated that they are playing basketball or a winter sport. Please send me a schedule so that I may make a game. If there are any other events you would like me to attend, let me know. My winter months are busy with my boys playing basketball but I will support my students when I can fit it into my schedule.


~Skills/Units of Study
Story: Music of the Stone Age
Vocabulary Words: impossible, treasures, talent, pleasant
Reading: Author's Purpose
Language Arts:  r-controlled vowels (-ar)
Grammar: Inflectional Endings, Past Tense Verbs
Writing: Informational Writing
Math: Place Value
Science: Force and Motion
Social Studies: Citizenship

~Related Arts
Monday: E-Art
Tuesday: F-Music

Monday: A-Computer
Tuesday: B-PE
Wednesday: C-Media
Thursday: D-STEAM Lab
Friday: E-Art

~Dates to Remember
November 21-23-Thanksgiving Break
November 29-Literacy Night

No comments:

Post a Comment