Friday, January 25, 2019

Week of January 28th - February 1st

Congratulations to the students who received A, A/B and B Honor Roll for the second nine weeks of school! We are so proud of you! We are proud of all the students for working hard and continuing to learn in all subject areas. I know we will have more students on the honor roll for the third nine weeks.  Please remember return the report card cover signed in your child's folder. You may keep the actual report card.

Friday, February 1, 2019 is the First Friday Sweetheart breakfast. If you would like to attend, please return the pink form that was sent home. See you then!

~From Miss Anthony
I have enjoyed getting to know each of your students over the past week. I am sure I will learn even more over the weeks to come. This week, I am looking forward to introducing my expectations to the class. My expectations align with Ms. Watson's expectations and the school-wide rules. My two expectations are 1-remain quiet in the halls and 2-raise your hand when sharing. I am looking forward to  putting these expectations into practice this week with your learner!

~Skills/Units of Study
Story: A Harbor Seal Pup Grow Up
Vocabulary Words: young, mammal, normal, rescued, examines, hunger
Reading: Sequencing
Language Arts:  Vowel digraphs /u/ (oo, ou) suffixes
Grammar: Irregular Verbs,  Antonyms
Writing: Opinion
Math: Geometry
Science: Weather
Social Studies: Economics

~Related Arts
Monday: C-PE
Tuesday: D-STEAM Lab
Wednesday: E-Art
Thursday: F-Music
Friday: A-Computer

~Dates to Remember
February 1-First Friday Breakfast
February 12-Math Night

No comments:

Post a Comment